What’s common thing between a person who’s extremely drunk and a baby who’s eaten excessively? They vomit. It’s disturbing especially when it’s in your house and wiping is not good enough, because the bad odour from it remains.
But one thing is for sure, you can get rid of this bad smell. If you’ve searched over the internet, and was not able to find the solution yet, well, you came to the right place! Some say it requires lot of strength but honestly, it’s easy as putting perfume when you’ve not taken a bath.
To follow, here are some practical tips on how to get rid of vomit smell:
• Use your preferred laundry detergent. Put in a decent amount of detergent and water in a spray bottle, then spray it all over the mess then brush it thoroughly. You should feel like your killing those little bastards to really get rid of the smell. If possible, you may want to vacuum the affected area or wipe it with a rag to dry. Take note, just do this after you’ve removed the solid particles. You surely don’t want to freshen up the vomit, do you?
• Another alternative to remove the smell of vomit is to use a baking soda paste. Mix in water plus baking soda and produce a toothpaste-like consistency. Apply the solution to the area and let it rest for an hour to neutralize the odor. After it has hardened, remove these particles using a scraper, and presto! Your floor is now good as new! Wipe it with a fresh scent detergent, let it dry and you’re good to go!
• Though it may smell a little bit of sour-like, but yes, vinegar can also be used to get rid of vomit smell. After you’ve removed those solid particles of the vomit spray over some vinegar and water solution in the area. Brush it thoroughly to remove the bacteria that caused the bad odor. Good thing vinegar is an acid substance so you can be sure that these germs can be removed.
• Sure, there are a lot of ready to use solutions available in the supermarkets today. So if not on budget and can just buy a ready to use solution, then use it. There are many branded solutions available, all you need is to choose from them and use it to clean and get rid of the bad smell caused by vomit.
Call a “friend”
• This is the last thing you might want to do if you’re having trouble finding time to clean and just want to pass the task to your “friend.” A friend is someone who is always at your back whatever it takes and whom you can trust in times of trouble, except cleaning. Seriously, I mean, call and hire someone who’s expert on cleaning stuff. It takes just a couple of bucks to get rid of the bad smell. Just relax, sit pretty, and leave the rest to your “friend.”
Getting rid of vomit smell is really a challenging task, and using these methods are the best way to get rid of those yucky smell caused by someone in the party last night or by your cute little baby. If you’re having a hard time cleaning the mess, you might consider taking care of your guests properly or look after your baby carefully. You surely don’t want to be left alone cleaning all the mess. Happy cleaning!
Image Courtesy: News