Getting a crab grass in your lawn or orchard is eerily worrisome especially when you work tirelessly mowing your laws and caring it. And anyone who is associated with the gardening profession would know that it is not as easy to get rid of the crab grass as you know. There are a lot of things you need to keep in mind if you want to keep your grass clean and up to the mark. You need to give the grass proper amount of water at proper times you need to trim the grass the grass at proper times so there are a lot of things you need to consider if you do not want a crab grass nearby.
Let us discuss those things that you need to consider and the precautionary measures you need to put up to get rid of the crab grass.
Getting rid of the Crab grass
- The conditions of the field in which you are growing your grass is what matters the most. If the conditions are dry and barren then you need to give the water to the grass in ample amounts but if you do not give water to the grass in such conditions then it is very likely that you will be growing the crab grass instead of the actual grass.
- There are lots of people who use the herbicides without reading the instructions and as a result they spoil their grass altogether. When you take or buy a herbicide make sure that you read the instructions of how to use it on the backside of the herbicide. Give the herbicide to the grass at proper times. Times that are mentioned in the back cover of the herbicide. There are numerous safety precautions enshrined too which you need to thoroughly read.
- If you have got a crab grass in your lawn then the best treatment available in the market right now are the pre emergent herbicides. The good thing about pre emergent herbicides is that is totally prevents the new seeds from sprouting. If the new seeds start sprouting then it becomes pretty difficult for you to control the crab grass because crab grass will have an exploding growth then. The good time to apply the pre emergent herbicides is during the winters and early summer.
- The above mentioned method is good when you do not want the new crab grass to grow but if you already have a crab grass then you can save yourself the trouble by applying the post emergent herbicides during the Summer season. This is a very efficient way to kill the crab grass especially when the crab grass is present in different patches in your ground along with the other normal grass.
- There is also another way to get rid of the crab grass and that is by simple cutting the crab grass during Summers. It is a handy way to get rid of the overgrown crab grass and it will make sure that the crab grass does not grow in the years to come.