You must have seen many insects tiny and large from ants to bees from fruit flies to bed bugs but none is as ubiquitous as the cockroaches and they can any where at your home. There is no specific place for the cockroaches and whatever place they find suitable for themselves, they will start dwelling there but most commonly they can be found behind your closets and the corners of your kitchens and bathrooms.
Cockroaches are so numerous that even scientists have called them the only thing that will be left if the universe is blown up. To get rid of them is not an easy task as some people claim to be and you have to make a lot of radical steps in order to make sure that these cockroaches never return to your home or attack your home ever again.
To get rid of these loathsome creatures you need to go through the following steps.
Getting rid of the cockroaches
- There is a very popular method which is carried out these days to kill the cockroaches these days is by leaving for them a bait in some place in the house where you have noticed an exponential movement of the cockroaches. What kind of bait you have to use is entirely depended upon the type of cockroaches you have at your home. If you have cockroaches of big size then you may need the bait in larger amounts like the boric acid in a sugar based solution entrapped in a sticky trap. You may use some other lethal powders too if the cockroaches you have are small.
- Baits are not pretty useful if have large populations of cockroaches at your home. So you would need bug sprays and powders. Although bug powders have been proved to be more useful than the bug sprays but people use bug sprays too. The good thing about powders is that once a cockroach comes in contact with the powder it dies at the spot in some time.. Bug powders can be sprinkled at different areas of your house depending upon the movement of the cockroaches.
- The most popular type of cockroach killing powders are known as dessicants. These dessicants are not ingested by the cockroach if by any chance the cockroach ingests it the cockroach dies but normally these dessicants reacts with the exoskeleton of the cockroaches. Dessicant scratches the exoskeleton of the cockroaches thus renders them unprotected and the fluid of the cockroach keeps on oozing out so the cockroach dies in sometime.
- If you want to kill the cockroach at the very instant then you should take the help of the neurotoxins and these are cheaply available in every drug store or general store. Wherever you see a cockroach just spray on it and it will take only some seconds to kill the cockroach but remember you should keep this method as your last priority.
- We have discussed the things that are necessary to kill the cockroaches but it is useful to that you do not invite the cockroaches at your home in the first place. These are not uninvited insects and you do not notice how you have invited cockroaches at your home. Throw out the garbage regularly and keep a can above the garbage. Clean your home regularly to make sure that no cockroach comes to your home.