Well I don’t think there is anyone who wants to wear stinky shoes that carry extremely bad odor. Shoe odor usually happens due t some abhorrent bacterial reaction or if you wear the shoes while your feet is wet. Shoe odor can also be caused by bad socks you wear while you wear the shoes and not cleaning your shoes every now and then. There are a lot of reasons by which shoes odor can rise up and you need to be very aware of the respective reasons which are causing the shoe odor otherwise you would not be able to get rid of it.
Let us see some of the methods by which you can get rid of the shoe odor.
Getting rid of the shoe odor
- Moisture is usually the cause of the shoe odor and you need to get rid of it as soon as you can. Wash your feet before you put in your shoes and make sure you clean your shoes first and wipe your feet off with some towel or any cloth so there is no moisture left on your feet. After you have wiped down your feet then you can cover it with your shoes.
- If the odor problem is with your shoes then you can get rid of it with the following method. Take some baking soda and sprinkle it on the inside of your shoes. Now make sure that the baking soda gets to all part of your shoes and not to some specific area. Apply the baking soda in the shoes before one night before you wear your shoes. Keep the baking soda in the shoes as it is for one night and after the night in the morning you will see no foul odor of the shoes.
- Baking soda is one of the most essential things to apply on your shoes if you want to get rid of the odor as well as the moisture (the main cause of the shoe odor). After you have applied the baking soda on the shoes just turn over your shoes the next day and throw away all the baking soda in the garbage or the trash can. You have to repeat this procedure every once in a while and some days later you will see the effect on your shoes.
- Sometimes it is the bacteria which causes the bad odor in your shoes and you need to get rid of it at the very earliest. The bacteria can be removed from your shoes with the help of vinegar solution. You need to add the equal amount of vinegar with the water in a bottle and sprinkle it over inside the entire inside surface of the shoes. The vinegar is used globally as the natural disinfectant and odor removal liquid. Do not put on the shoes just after sprinkling the vinegar. Let it dissolve in your shoes for a while because it takes some time to act.
- You can also wash the shoes with any detergent soap or powder. But make sure you follow the instructions of washing first.