How To Get Rid From Black Mold

One of the most common house problems is “black mold”. Yes once it enters in your house it spreads like a disease. There is no stopping then except you take some serious measures to get rid of it. It creeps up your walls, it gets attached to your doors and it is most commonly found in the places where there is excess humidity and dampness. So beware to find the black mold in your bathrooms and laundry areas. Mold is akin to a skin disease which spreads by touching or contamination. The worst thing which the mold does is that is transmits some diseases too which can be lethal. And another thing is that the presence of black mold destroys the whole appearance of your house. Yes whenever someone visits your house it looks awfully bad that you have indefinite amount of black mold present in your house.

There are a lot of ways by which you can tackle this problem. Let us discuss some of them.

Getting rid of the Black Mold

  • Like said earlier, black mold flourishes when there is excess dampness present in the house or when there is a lot of humidity or the presence of water. So you need to fix the cause of the occurrence of black mold first. Start by seeing all the pipes of your house or especially in that area where black mold is present. If there are any leakages through the pipes then you need to fix it as soon as possible.
  • Remove the extra moisture from your house. Yes it is an advice and a tip too. You can also use the dehumidifiers to do the job for you. Dehumidifiers will cause the excess moisture from your house to go away. You need to keep this is mind that the mold can grow to a great amount in just 24-30 hours. You need to do the job before that because once the mold grows to a great extent it becomes pretty difficult to get rid of it.
  • Mold spores are present which transfers from one place to another if you lack the proper care. So you need to be very cautious about it. Prevent the mold spores from spreading by sealing it off and then cleaning it. If there are a lot of spores in your room then first seal it and then clean it. Mold spores are transferred through dust so the larger the dust in that area the higher the chances of becoming a black mold.
  • To remove the mold you need to first sprinkle it with water. If the mold is already too dry then you can just remove it but make sure it does not get dust off with the dust and get settled in some other place because if it does it will start growing mold over there. After removing the mold clean the whole area and that specific place can be cleaned with a disinfectant. Disinfectant will help the condition more and it will prove to be useful. Disinfectant can also be used to kill the already present mold spores in the area.