Migraines are deliberating and sufferers become too anxious to get rid of them. It is mostly the result of inappropriate diet or insufficient rest. The good news is that dietary changes, herbs, and supplements are available to provide natural relief. Here are some solutions that can be helpful to you.
Getting Rid Of Migraines
- First of all, avoid food additives and artificial sweeteners. As these contain monosodium glutamate which are known to create severe migraines.
- Avoid foods that trigger migraine. These include chocolate, alcohol, caffeinated beverages, sodas, refined sugars, genetically modified food, gluten containing grains, aged cheese, also peanuts are some of the food that should be avoided.
- Add tryptophan to your diet. This is one of the ten amino acids, which releases pain, anxiety and tension. It also relieves and relaxes tiny muscles around the scalp.
- Use lavender as it is a natural herbalist to soothe nerves and has an analgesic effect on migraine sufferers. It reduces inflammation that occurs in blood vessels during migraine.
- Use ginger, peppermint and cayenne which are a natural herb to relive pain. This is a cheapest solution as it is available at home. Ginger and peppermint are also helpful in reducing the nausea that occurs with migraine. You can use it by mixing all three ingredients and form a tea to get rid of migraine.
- If you still feel it, consult a specialist who would advise you a pain reliever that would help you out. Use a painkiller as prescribed.
- You may also feel better by drinking lots of water. It will ease your pain.
- Find a quiet, dark place to have rest there. It is very important to lie down and relax. Focus on your breathing. It will relax your muscles. Make sure your bed or couch is comfortable enough. Try to take a nap.
- You may also place a cool compress. Placing something cool and soft over the forehead can help. A cold compress on the neck can also be helpful.
- Massage your scalp, neck and ear lobes. It improves circulation and relieves muscles.
- Practice relaxation technique. This include meditation, prayer, deep breathing, visualization, listening to binaural beats, and try to just calm down.
- It is very important to take action as soon as you realize the symptoms.
- You can even try on natural remedies. Take feverfew in the form of capsule, tablet, as tea or eat it.
- Use peppermint, willow bark and lavender supplements.
- Have a cup of tea made of passion flower, rosemary or lavender might alleviate a headache.
- Use aromatherapy using lavender, sweet marjoram, and chamomile. Use neck massaging in a bath or inhale.
- Use food based remedies. Make sure you are having a complete diet and it contains all the requirements that your body needs. Eat almonds as they are helpful.
- Apply a compress with vinegar to your head.
- Use helpful exercises such as yoga, stretch etc…
These are all the methods that will prove to be helpful. Use one of these to get rid of migraines.
Image courtesy : www.howtogetridofamigrainefast.com