Flu is something that has to be faced by almost all the people. It is irritating but does not require serious medication. Here are some tips to get rid of it quickly so that you can go on with your life.
Getting Rid of Flu
- Firstly, try to overcome flu with a medicine that is mostly prescribed by your physician.
- Understand that the single best way to overcome flu is to get vaccinated.
- Take in vitamin C as it is very important to your immune system. Either take in diet or in the form of capsules. You may use vitamin C supplement but if you do not want to do so, take in foods such as guava, kiwi, papaya, bell and chill pepper, kale, mustard green, watercress, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, and citrus fruits.
- Remember to get plenty of sleep as it is very helpful in flu.
- Drink plenty of fluids like water, juices, green tea, sports drinks etc…
- Avoid drinking sugary sodas.
- Try to stay as cleaner as possible. Wash your hands thoroughly as they contain germs when you are suffering from flu. Use hand wash and hand sanitizer.
- Take shower with warm water and use clean towels.
- If you feel fever, let it run its course. It helps to kill invading virus.
- Use warm compress on your forehead to relieve flu and any discomforts.
- If you have sore throat with fever, cough drops are also very helpful. Notice that it actually kills the pain only and not treats the illness.
- Use salt and warm water to gargle. This relieves throat as well as flu.
- Go camping. It means make a tent with a towel and take steam. The steam will clear your respiratory track and airways. It will make you feel better. You may also use a humidifier. If you have eucalyptus or peppermint oil around, add few drops of them to add extra effect in cleaning your airways.
- You may also take in aspirin tablets that relieve pain and fever.
- Eat a healthy diet to avoid your immune system from weakening. It is the simplest way of keeping your immune system healthy. Add fruits and veggies to your diet.
- Exercise. Research has proved that exercise can cut on your risk of flu and cure your flu as well. it flushes out bacteria from lungs.
- Practice yoga, tai chi, or meditate.
- Drink plenty of warm fluids which is a good remedy for flu prevention.
- Take steamy bath and showers.
- Blow your nose correctly to keep your sinuses clean.
- Take zinc in order to boost your immune system.
- Consume lots of vitamin C in the form of juices. It is also very helpful.
- Eat raw honey as it has anti viral properties and helps against viruses.
So, to get over with a situation like flu, these solutions might be helpful for you. Try them.
Image courtesy : www.wikihow.com