Stye is a very pestering infection a person gets on the eye when he wakes up in the morning usually. This infection is pretty common among the teens and people aging between 20 to 30 years. Stye is the infection of the sebaceous gland and occurs on the eye lids.
The infection accompanies the red and painful swelling which occurs on the eye lids and sometimes the inflammation may damage the internal structures of the eye but mostly the stye occurs on the outside or the outer layer of the epidermis. It is not very dangerous though because it gets well by itself in a week or so, but sometimes it can penetrate inside the eye and can cause severe damage. In such cases you need to follow some procedures.
There are lots of ways to get rid of the stye. Let us discuss some of them which are affective and fast acting.
Getting rid of the Stye
- Whenever you wake up and you see stye near your eye you should clean it as early as possible because usually the stye is the accumulation of debris and all the useless material which should be cleaned at the very instant. After cleaning the stye you will notice that it will be permanently gone in some days and your face would be fresh without the stye.
- Warm compressing methods has been pretty useful and it reduces the stye in a day or two. All you need to do is take some cloth and soak it in the warm water and then apply it on the affected eye. All the junk and rubble accumulated in the form of sty in your eye would be gone. This is very common and effective method and many people use this instead of using fast acting sty creams.
- There are lots of home remedies available too which can be used if necessary. These stye home remedies not only treat the stye but also make sure that you do not get the infection again. Guava leaves are used to treat sty and this is a very effective method which has become quite famous among people who cannot afford to buy different anti stye creams. Take a guava leaf and compress it in the hot water. Now apply the leaf on your affected eye. The sty will be gone after some time.
- Sometimes the stye causes a lot of pain and in that case you need to take the pain killers or NSAID’s (Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs). Aspirins are also good if you want to treat the sty. But make sure you do not take too many aspirins.
- Sometimes the stye persist and does not go away and if this is the condition, then you need to take the medical treatment as soon as possible and consult your doctor, because this stye may be the symptom of some underlying disorder which needs to be checked. Seek medical help because this is what you need when the stye persists for more than a week.