Cramps can be called as the annoying sensations of your muscles in different parts of the body for an indefinite period of time. Cramp is an exceedingly pestering condition if not treated properly and sometimes if the situation becomes worse these cramps can paralyse the specific part of a person for a fleeting period of time.
Some of the common causes by which you get cramps is the low sodium concentration in your ECF (extra cellular fluid) or the low potassium or calcium ions concentration in the body. Cramps have different types. There is a cramp that only women faces and it is the menstrual cramps then there are the smooth muscle cramps which are found in the guts and intestines.
Let us see what methods you can use to prevent the cramps or get rid of them completely.
Getting rid of the Cramps
- The most used, applied and easy way to get rid of the cramps is by the use of medicines. Many different pain killers are available now in the market by the help of which you can get rid of your cramps. The good thing about using these medicines is that these medicines will reduce your cramps instantly after you ingest them. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are two commonly used medicines that will absolve all the pain from your cramps and make you cramp free/pain free. But remember you should consult your doctor first before taking the medicine. Although there are no side effects of these medicines but to remain on the safe side it is better to have some consultation first. This method we discussed is very handy for any type of cramps. You can take medicines for smooth, skeletal or menstrual cramps and it will help.
- This is the method which is solely for ladies those who are suffering from the menstrual cramps. Raise your legs for a foot or two above the rest of your body with the help of pillows. It will help your uterine muscles to relax. This is a very common and reliable way to overcome the problem of menstrual cramps and many ladies have been benefited by this.
- Pressure is good for the cramps so if you have cramps anywhere try applying a little bit of pressure on that area or you can even apply some pressure on the area that hurts because of the cramps. By applying pressure that place will hurt to some extent initially but after some time it will get better.
- For menstrual cramps exercise is a great option. Try doing sit ups every now and then and it will relax the muscles of your uterus. You can even go for the jogging and it will soothe your body to a great extent, it will ease the pain.
- For every type of cramp using a heat pad always helps. If you do not have a heat pad you can always use the hot water bottle and it will soothe the place which hurts.
- Since you are getting cramps because of the electrolyte imbalance. Try ingesting the fluids that have electrolytes like Gatorade. It will keep your electrolyte ratio in balance.