A person can suffer from cough due to various reasons like allergy, infection, cold etc. Coughing makes a person exhausted and tired so much that he is not able to work accordingly in the regular norms to meet up the challenges of everyday life. So the outcome is worse and if not treated earlier then it can lead to chronic conditions. Unless it will become aggravating that leads to repeated and unproductive sometimes causing sore throat and voice becomes hoarse. It is not only annoying for the individual but for others too.
Following are the measures which can help to relief us from the cough
Getting rid of cough fast
- Cough is of various kinds like whooping cough, dry cough, chronic cough. For sure our first priority to get rid of cough is seeking for medical help and consulting the doctor and explaining him the signs. Cold and flu causes coughing when condition become worst and it is not treated then it can lead to chest ache which causes difficulty in breathing. However in the conditions if blood is seen in sputum we should immediately go for the doctor without a delay. One of the reasons is due to the underlying medication you are going through. So first of all we should find the reason why we are suffering from this cough.
- For the medication we can use, Decongestants which dry the mucus in the lungs and open the airway passages. They are available in the form of liquids, pills and nasal sprays. Cough suppressants and expectorants are also used when cough becomes so worse that it causes bad sleep at nights, such as dextromethorphans and guaifenesin are used they help to control.
- Hydration can cause the mucous in lungs and throat to moist, usually cough occurs when the mucous membrane is dry. Drinking hot tea at intervals helps to moist the membrane but avoiding the sugar in it will be better. It also helps to increase the circulation but also raises blood pressure so hypertensive patients should be very cautious while ingesting it.
- Taking a menthol drop numbs the back of throat so when the secretions trickle down there the cough reflex does not occur. This is how we can be relieved from the pain we are suffering. Vitamin C tablets should be a remedy.
- We can make our immune system strong against the cough by eating bright, colorful fruits and vegetables with every meal. However different soups can also soothen the throat. Steamy showers help loosening secretions in the nose and able respire comfortably. This is more effective with the children who are not able to explain the situation they are suffering from. However, humidifying the environment in home if its dry causes the nasal secretions uncomfortable and cough occurs.
- Perfumes and scented bathrooms are benign but can cause chronic sinus irritation. Taking proper control of these products should be done. However one of the most dangerous irritants in our environment is smoking and causes smokers cough, causing airway irritation. So you need to get rid out if the smoky environment as soon as you can.