Cold sore is actually the scarring of tissue around your mouth and lips region. It is a viral disease and believed to be caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus. Viral diseases do not have any permanent cure as they get rid of in a week or two but in some cases they may become painful and aggregate for a longer time. In such cases there a handful of treatments available that can be of some use if you avail them properly.
Take a look at some of those treatments.
Getting rid of a Cold Sore
- A cold sore first penetrates in the places near mouth and cause reddish appearance. Then this sore becomes inflamed and painful blisters originate in that place. You should consult a doctor first if the conditions worsened and most probably the doctor will prescribe you a skin ointment or a skin lotion. There are numerous ointments available in the market like Oragel and Carmex that will prevent the inflammation of the sore and will make sure that the sore gets healed in no time.
- There are some anti viral creams available too in the market that will be of great use if applied twice a day. Doctors prescribe the anti viral creams and some time anti viral antibiotics too and the sore gets healed in a week or so.
- Sometimes the pain of a sore becomes great and it can lead to severe headaches too as the cold sore is located in the dangerous area of your mouth. For easing the pain you need to apply the ice around the cold sore region for about 10 to 20 minutes. Wrap up some ice in the towel and apply it gently over the region thrice a day. This is the best home remedy for easing the pain of a cold sore.
- Sometimes doctor also prescribe the pain killers like Paracetamol or Aspirin for relieving the pain of your cold sore. These pain killers not only reduce the pain but also reduce the degree of inflammation too.
- There are some natural remedies available too that you can use. Some drops of tea tree oil can be of much use if you apply it every day on the cold sore or the region that is inflamed. Take some dabs of vanilla extract. Real vanilla is not easily available but you can also use the artificial vanilla for your usage and it will do the work for you.
- For a long term treatment there are some things you need to be aware of. If you want yourself to not get attacked by cold sore again then make sure you take plenty of vitamin or vitamin rich foods each day. Keep yourself healthy as it is the key to prevent your self from having cold sores. Cold sores usually happen to people who do not have strong immune system so make sure you do not have a weak immune system.
- Stay hydrated all the time. Take in plenty of water and it will be a boost for your body.