Shingles are upsetting skin rash due to the varicella zoster viruses (VZV). They are also called herpes zoster. This virus also causes chickenpox. When someone is detected with chicken pox he is meant to have this virus in his body even after treatment of chicken pox. Usually the viruses are not threatening. But these viruses reappear in the human body in the form of shingles. They are nasty looking.
Shingles are painful and disgusting. They are a source of discomfort. People look for remedies to get rid of them.
Getting Rid of Shingles
• The shingles should be diagnosed properly. Proper diagnosys can detect the problem and it’s stage of seriousness. Itching and tingling is common symptoms of shingles. Some people also experience headache.
• There are three stages of shingles. They show different types of symptoms as well. Understanding the signs of every single level can help your physician assess how to best treat the shingles. In the first stage rash does not come out. In the first stage itchiness, tingling, numbness or pain develops in the area where the rash will gradually produce. Your lymph nodes may be soft or inflamed. In the second stage a rash will create in one part of the affected person’s body. Then sores will create gradually. The fluid in the sores begins off clear, but gradually gets gloomy. But it is important to check for rashes around eyes. If any rash is visible around the eyes, then the affected person should immediately consult with a doctor. These rashes sometimes come with intense amount of pain. In the third and final stage discomfort may create in the place suffering from the rash. This discomfort is defined as postherpetic neuralgia (PHN). PHN is linked with excessive sensitivity, serious discomfort, as well as painful or losing emotions.
• People who are under steroid medication are more likely to be affected by shingles. So, medicines should be taken after being properly checked and ensured by the doctor. Excess amount of steroid consumption may lead to excessive amounts of shingles. Colloidal silver attaches itself to viruses. They stop the virus breeding. For the betterment these types of medicines should be completely avoided.
• Many anti itching creams are available. They can be used to get rid of the painful itchy feeling. They are mostly available in the form of gel. This gel type medicine is applied where shingles are located. They are for external use only. Consumption of these can lead to diarrhea or other problems.
• Shingle is sometimes a mark of HIV. So they should be taken seriously and tests should be done thoroughly.
• People are concerned about how much time is required to get rid of the shingles. Sometimes it takes less than a week to completely treat them. Sometimes it takes more than three weeks. Yes, with proper medication they can be fully treated. But the pain can stay up to six months in the affected area. Pain killers can be consumed in those days to get relief from the pain.
• For getting rid of shingles permanently one needs to contact a doctor. Proper medical care can eradicate this permanently. The doctor will first examine the problem. Then he will try to treat it with proper medicine. If required he will then suggest other sorts of treatments too.