Constipation occurs when the muscles in your intestine contract slowly to push the stool out of the body. Another reason could be that there isn’t enough water in your stool to soften it to move in your intestines. So, there are number of solutions that can be considered to release constipation. It can be overcome from adjusting your diet to trying a few other medications.
Getting Rid of Constipation
- The first thing to do is to change your diet or eating habits. Adding fiber rich foods to your diet helps stimulate the bowels. These foods are unfortunately missing from person’s daily diet. You should not take these foods, such as fruits and vegetables, as side foods. It is a part of balanced diet which is a must. These would not only relieve constipation but would also promote digestive health. Some of the things that can be added to your diet include avocado, split peas, broccoli, green peas, lentils, bran cereal, oatmeal, brown rice, flax seeds, black beans, kidney beans, lima beans, navy beans, pinto beans, soybeans, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, cabbage, cauliflower, almonds, dried figs, olives, papaya and peaches.
- Even fiber supplements are really helpful when you can’t add fiber in the form of fruits or vegetables. Or you can simply increase the amount of fiber that you in take.
- Another reason for constipation is dehydration. Taking insufficient water depending on your size, weather, or amount of exercise, causes constipation by lacking amount of liquid in your stool. Other drinks like juices and soda tend to contain excessive sugar that could actually release constipation.
- If you are suffering from mild constipation, try out banana cure. This is eating banana with a glass of warm milk. Make sure to chew the banana carefully and it is ripen.
- Foods that cause constipation should be avoided. It is a result of taking in fats, refined sugar, dairy in comparison to fiber from whole grain, bran, fruits and vegetables. Avoid cookies, candies, cheese, white bread, white rice, hard boiled eggs. Do not cut them completely from your diet but once constipation is over, you can add them to your diet slowly.
- Another thing, caffeine, should be avoided as it can cause damage to your health by increasing constipation due to increasing dehydration.
- Solutions include schedule time each day for a bowel movement so as if you don’t have a regular schedule, your intestine can be disturbed and can cause even worse situation. So time it whenever you feel to have a movement.
- If you feel that there is a movement, don’t put it off. Try to spend some time in bathroom because if you avoid when you have a movement, it will cause constipation later the whole day.
- Try to stay active because exercising helps to release constipation. It stimulates digestive track. This helps to reduce constipation level. Yoga may also be helpful.
So, try one of these solutions to overcome constipation. These would definitely help you out.