Stye is an eye infection that is quite treatable. It is a bacterial disease and caused by the very famous staphylococcus aureus. It is an ectodermal disease but if not treated well then it can penetrate inside the eye causing enormous defects. So you need to treat this disease as soon as you catch it. Stye is caused by the bacteria so it is quite possible that it is caused by your lack of cleanliness of your skin. People who are neat and tidy are not as much affected as the people who are dirty and do not take care of their skin.
There are quite a number of ways to get rid of the stye. Let us see some of them
Getting rid of the Stye
- One of the most easiest and effective ways to get rid of the stye is by taking a piece of cloth or cotton and applying it on the area which is affected with this infection. Dip the cotton bud in the hot water or water with lukewarm temperature then take the cotton swab and apply it on the skin. Keep it on your skin for around 15 minutes. Sometimes the stye breaks up if it does ten you need to worry because it is a normal outcome. It is beneficial for you if the stye breaks up because it will ensure that the infection would not spread to other areas of your body.
- There are some natural remedies too like application of the golden root on that area as it has shown to be one of the natural antiseptics available in the market. It will penetrate through the skin and provide you a lot of comfort.
- There are a few conditions of stye that come with the pain and itching. If you are suffering from one such condition then you need to take the pain killers as these pain killers will be extremely effective in treating your illness.
- There is also another way to get rid of the stye and that is by cauterizing the affected area. People who cauterize their stye usually use alcohol or green paint because these substances are really good and these substances do not damage your skin.
- Prevention always comes first then treatment so you need to prevent yourself from having stye in other places of your body and that can only happen when you will remain clean and neat. Do not touch your stye every now and then and make sure that if you do touch your affected area then do it by washing your hands and wash your hands after touching the area too. These skin infections are contagious and they can easily travel from one place to the other if care is not given.
- There are some eye drops present in the market that will be your last option if the stye does not get well in a week or so. Anti bacterial eye drops should be used to get rid of the stye.