Blemishes are caused by development of excessive oil production. It is basically the after effect of acne burst. The pimples on the skin vanish leaving spots on the skin that last longer. So, the cause behind is the clogging of pores with dead cells of skin and excessive oil which results to acne. When it happens on the upper layer, white and black heads appear on the face but when it happens on the inner layer, it ends up leaving pimples on the face. Then, acne leaves our skin red and inflamed which turns into a blemish when the pimple disappears. In a nutshell, when it comes to acne and blemishes, the reason behind is oil secretion by the glands.
Getting Rid of Blemishes
The treatments to overcome blemish are available and listed below. Try one of these and surely you would be free from blemishes.
- Firstly, when you find acne on your skin, the first thing to prefer would be the of specified products that are available in the market. The only thing to look is not to use any cheap product or any product without knowing its functions as they can cause worse problems. Choose one that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. They can cause irritation but it is the symbol of improving situation.
- It is also suggested that if the acne does not come into control, then consult a doctor and use prescribed medication accordingly. As this situation could be due to hormonal fluctuation.
- In some cases, where the acne is not being controlled, a surgery might be needed which is only possible by consulting a professional or specialists.
Some home remedies are available as well to overcome blemishes. These are listed below. Have a look at them.
- Calamine lotion can be rubbed over the blemish. It can absorb excessive oil which can get rid of the blemish. It can be used as often as needed.
- Another solution is to wrap an ice cube in a piece of cloth or towel and put it on the blemish for five minutes. It can decrease inflammation.
- Another solution is to use a good sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher when going out because sun rays can worse and can interfere with some acne medication.
- Garlic and ginger are two vegetables that can prove to be very good.
- Consuming fiber in your diet is a great solution. It can be taken in the form of rich fruits and vegetables.
- Detoxifying the skin is also very helpful. You should drink 6 to 10 glasses of water a day.
- Moderate exercise also helps to make your skin avoid blemishes.
- The cover of your pillow should be c hanged as it can contain bacteria.
- Use lemon juice as bleach instead of other bleaches as they can cause serious irritation.
- Applying castor oil or vitamin E o0n your skin also helps.
- Using lightening gel also helps to fade away the blemish.
- Make a mixture by using one part of apple vinegar and eight parts of water. Store it and rinse your face with it once or twice.
- Even using anti marks cream is helpful.
Image courtesy : www.wikihow.com